The Future of Business
Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda (FBLA-PBL) is the largest and longest-serving student business organization in the world. In more than 75 years of service to schools and communities in Oklahoma, the United States, and around the world, FBLA-PBL is the place where the world’s business finds its leaders.
The Business Educator’s Top Choice
Each year, nearly 7,500 business educators at the collegiate, high school, and middle level/junior high levels make FBLA-PBL a powerful tool for teaching business leadership to the next generation of entrepreneurs and executives. FBLA-PBL is a global leader in Career Technical Education (CTE). Founded in 1942, FBLA-PBL is the second oldest of all Career Technical Student Organizations (CTSOs) after The National FFA Organization (Founded in 1928).
Every 3 Minutes
Every 3 minutes somewhere in the world a student joins FBLA-PBL to accelerate their future and begin the pathway to becoming a free enterprise leader. That’s nearly 250,000 students each year and over 20 million alumni engaging the portable principles of FBLA-PBL business leadership.
Portable Principles of Leadership
FBLA’s motto of “Service, Education, and Progress” originated with our founder Dr. Hamden L. Forkner and still guides all we do today in FBLA-PBL.
Dr. Forkner was a hugely successful entrepreneur and learned first-hand that the best business leaders where the best servants. That’s why in FBLA, we have over 100 competitions, events, and programs that give first-hand opportunities to learn and serve and lead through business.
As a distinguished professor at Teacher’s College at Columbia University in New York City, Dr. Forkner shared the lessons from the world of business to enrich and advance future educators and business executives. He taught that free enterprise was fast paced and could change in a moment and that only through education could the business leader be able survive, sustain, and grow to serve its customers, investors, and employees.
Dr. Forkner believed that when you combined the heart of service with the mind for education that business leaders would then be able to continuously bring their best and usher in progress in their community, in the marketplace, and improve the world for all.
Whatever your plan is, whatever business you go into one day, join FBLA and make a business plan for your life, leadership, and beyond.
- Develop competent, assertive (aggressive) business leadership
- Strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their work
- Create more interest in and understanding of American business enterprise
- Encourage members in the development of individual projects which contribute to the improvement of home, business, and community
- Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriotism
- Encourage and practice efficient money management
- Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty
- Assist students in the establishment of occupational goals
- Facilitate the transition from school to work
FBLA-PBL’s mission is to bring business and education together in a positive working relationship through innovative leadership and career development programs.
- I will be honest and sincere.
- I will approach each task with confidence in my ability to perform my work at a high standard.
- I will willingly accept responsibilities and duties.
- I will seek to profit from my mistakes and take suggestions and criticisms directed toward the improvement of myself and my work.
- I will abide by the rules and regulations of my school.
- I will exercise initiative and responsibility and cooperate with my employer and fellow workers.
- I will dress and act in a manner that brings respect to me and my school.
- I will seek to improve my community by contributing my efforts and my resources to worthwhile projects.
- I believe education is the right of every person.
- I believe the future depends on mutual understanding and cooperation among business, industry, labor, religious, family and educational institutions, as well as people around the world. I agree to do my utmost to bring about understanding and cooperation among all of these groups.
- I believe every person should prepare for a useful occupation and carry on that occupation in a manner that brings the greatest good to the greatest number.
- I believe every person should actively work toward improving social, political, community and family life.
- I believe every person has the right to earn a living at a useful occupation.
- I believe every person should take responsibility for carrying out assigned tasks in a manner that brings credit to self, associates, school and community.
- I believe I have the responsibility to work efficiently and to think clearly.
- I promise to use my abilities to make the world a better place for everyone.
I solemnly promise to uphold the aims and responsibilities of Future Business Leaders ofAmerica-Phi Beta Lambda and, as an active member, I shall strive to develop the qualities necessary in becoming a responsible business leader.